Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), to recruit various Group B and Group C officials under Indian Government. SSC CGL is one of the biggest exam in INDIA which give opportunity to students to live their dream life, with a respected job and perks, benifits associated with it.
In this article, we shall briefly know about the various SSC CGL posts and job profile for the different posts under SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL Jobs – Posts Description
Under the combined Graduate Level Exam, conducted by SSC; officials are selected for the various Group B and Group C posts in different ministries and departments under Government of India. List of SSC CGL Posts are as below:
|SSC CGL Post||Department/ Ministry||Classification of|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit and Accounts Department under C&AG||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministrial)|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit and Accounts Department under C&AG||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministrial)|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service, Intelligent Bureau, Ministry of Railway, Ministry of Externam Affair, AFHQ||Group “B”|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group “B”|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||CBIC||Group “B”|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcemet, Department of Revenue||Group “B”|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation||Group “B”|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar General of India||Group “B”|
|Auditor||Officer under C&AG, CGDA||Group “C”|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Other Ministries/ Departments||Group “C”|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks||Government Departments||Group “C”|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT/CBIC||Group “C”|
|Upper Division Clerk||Government Departments||Group “C”|
Read More | Everything you need to know about IBPS SO Exam
SSC CGL Posts – Salary and Pay Level
The salary of officials selected through SSC CGL exam is based on 7th CPC pay matrix and on the basis of pay matrix a pay level is decided for each post, which is as under:
|SSC CGL Pay Level||Posts Associated||Pay Scale (in Rs.)|
|Level-08||Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||47600 – 151100|
|Level-07||Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector of Central Excise, Preventive Officer (Inspector), Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector, Inspector Posts||44900 – 142400|
|Level-06||Assistant/Superitendent, Divisional Accountant, Sub Inspector (NIA), Junior Statistical officer, Statistical Investigator Grade-II||35400 – 112400|
|Level-05||Auditor, Accountant, Accountant/Junior Accountant||29200-92300|
|Level-04||Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerk, Tax Assistant, Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics), Upper Division Clerk||25500 – 81100|
SSC CGL Post Wise Job Profile
Those candidates who are preparing for SSC CGL exam, must have the knowledge of their roles and responsibility on being selected for any SSC CGL post. Therefore, we are here breifly highlights the SSC CGL Post Wise Job Profiles.
|SSC CGL Post Wise Job Profile|
|SSC CGL Post||SSC CGL Post Wise Job Description|
|Assistant Audit Officer||AAOs need to perform audits in government/ public sector organisations. Apart from being a Gazetted post; this post includes too much travelling.|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||This post include data entry, data processing and recording transactions along with assisting with audits or fact checking.|
|Assistant Section Officer||ASO is completely a clerical job and this is the lowest post in Central Sectetariat Services.|
|Assistant||This post includes different clerical responsibilities in different departments. Record Maintaining, Compiling files, keep track of ongoing cases etc.|
|Inspector of Income Tax||To assessing income tax payable by people or companies. Managing TDS and refund claim. May include travel during raid/ notice serving.|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||This post include checking of invasion of excise duty, preventing unfair means and assisting raid teasm.|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Prevent forgery and money laundering.|
|Sub Inspector||The main duty at is post is to gather information and make enquiries.|
|Junior Statistical Officer||To Assist seniors in drafting, data entries and tabulation.|
|Staitstical Investigator Grade II||Drafting Documents, preparing survey reports, editing and compiling existing data.|
|Auditor||To assist AAO/ Sr. AO during audit otherwise keep track of records in office. May include too much travel.|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Passing of various bills viz. salary, other allowances, OE, pension relaed etc.|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerk||It is a clerical post. Main work is to Maintain files and data entry.|
|Tax Assistant||To assist Inspectors by accessing, modify and verify tax of various individual or business.|
|Upper Division Clerk||Maintaining of files and other documents.|
SSC CGL Post wise Salary (As per 7th CPC)
Salary is always a point of interest for the aspirants of SSC CGL salary and getting a handsome salary is dream for all. Therefore, here we are briefly describing how the salary for each post is calculated and how much lump sum salary will you take home.
Calculation of Salary:
There are two components in the salary ,one is gross salary (includes total amount of salary) and another is net salary (take home salary after compulsory deductions).
The salary for each post is calculated on the basis of Basic Pay. As described above in pay scale section (for eg. pay scale for AAO 47600-151100) in this; 47600/- is the basic pay.
The Gross salary part in salary includes Basic Pay + Dearness Allwance + House Rent Allowance + Travelling Allowance + DA on TA.
For Net Salary/ Take Home Salary there are some deductions viz. National Pension Scheme (NPS 10 percent of basic pay) + Professional Tax (200 or 250) + CGEGIS (20/30/60).
And after removing the deductions from Gross salary you will get your net salary.
Frequently Asked Question for SSC CGL Posts
What is the Age limit to apply for SSC CGL?
The age limit to apply for the SSC CGL posts is differs for different SSC CGL posts. The minimum age to apply for SSC CGL is 18 years.
What are the best posts under SSC CGL Exam (SSC Post Preference)?
The best post under SSC CGL is as follow:
1. Income Tax Inspector (Challenging and enjoyable)
2. Assistant Section Officer (Desk Job, Clerical Work)
3. Central Excise Inspector
4. Assistant Audit Officer (Best, if travelling is not an issue)
5. Assistant Enforcement Officer
Can a 12th pass candidate can apply for the SSC CGL Exam?
No, a candidate should possess at least Bachelor’s degree to apply for the SSC CGL exam.
- SPMCIL Recruitment 2022 : Apply Online For Welfare Officer, Supervisor, Jr. Officer Assistant PostsSPMCIL Recruitment 2022! SSPMCIL ने Welfare Officer, Supervisor, Junior Officer Assistant & Others पदों पर भर्ती के लिए नवीनतम FreeJobAlert के तहत Notification जारी किया है |
- Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2022 : Apply Now For 2422 New Posts for ITI CandidatesRailway Apprentice Recruitment 2022! RRC ने Apprentice के पदों पर भर्ती के लिए नवीनतम FreeJobAlert के तहत Apprentice 2022 Notification जारी किया है| Check Details
- BSF Recruitment 2022 : Apply Online Now For 2788 New Vacancies of Constable Tradesman (Male / Female)BSF Recruitment 2022! BSF ने Constable (tradesman) के पदों पर भर्ती के लिए नवीनतम FreeJobAlert के तहत BSF Recruitment 2022 Notification जारी किया है | Check Details.
- RBI Recruitment 2022 : Apply Now For 14 New Various Vacancies | Check All DetailsRBI Recruitment 2022!RBI ने Legal Officr, Manager (Technical), Library Professionals, Architect, Curator के पदों पर भर्ती के लिए नवीनतम FreeJobAlert के तहत Notification जारी किया है | Check Details
- BPSC Recruitment 2022 : Apply Online For 286 New Vacancy of APS & WMOBPSC Recruitment 2022! बिहार लोक सेवा आयोग ने सहायक लोक स्वच्छता एवं अपशिष्ट प्रबंधन पधाधिकारी के पदों पर भर्ती के लिए नवीनतम FreeJobAlert के तहत Notification जारी किया है| Check Details
- 1 SSC CGL Jobs – Posts Description
- 2 SSC CGL Posts – Salary and Pay Level
- 3 SSC CGL Post Wise Job Profile
- 4 SSC CGL Post wise Salary (As per 7th CPC)
- 5 Frequently Asked Question for SSC CGL Posts
- 6 More Jobs